One of the most frequent young immigrants have after obtaining their Green Card is whether they can bring their parents to live here. So, can you bring your parents to the United States?.

Susy had this doubt and she wrote us this message days ago:

Susy: I am about to turn 22 years old and recently completed my undergraduate degree. My parents have been working exhaustively  for me to complete my undergraduate. I heard on the news, after turning 21 years old, I could petition them, is this true?

Bring your parents after turning 21 years old

The answer is yes, you can bring your parents. This is known as a Petition for Alien Relative (I-130). Any U.S citizen or Lawful permanent resident can petition for their parent. The potential problem that may arise involves income.

At 21 years old, the average salary may be less than $20,000. The required income for a petition is $20,575 or more.

HHS Poverty Guidelines for Affidavit of Support


For more information of how you can bring your parents to the United States, please contact our office and or social media pages.